Main purpose of the role
We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to provide technical assistance to our +/-350 users. You will help install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems within our office at Schiphol.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Address user tickets (within SLA) regarding hardware, software and networking;
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals;
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems;
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions;
- Conduct remote troubleshooting;
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue;
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs;
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs;
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel;
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional;
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests;
- Help create technical documentation and manuals.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- MBO (or higher) in Computer Science or relevant field;
- 3 years, experience as a Desktop Support Engineer or similar role.
Knowledge and technical skills:
- Hands-on experience with Windows 10 and Mac OS environments;
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft product suite (O365/M365, Windows10, Defender, InTune);
- Understanding of cloud (Azure);
- Experience with ServiceNow.
Soft skills / competencies:|
- Ability to clearly communicate with wide spectrum of users;
- Enthusiastic, flexible and results driven;
- Key skills, knowledge and experience;
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions;
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills;
- Customer-oriented attitude.
This relation of Xantion is based at Schiphol. The IT department is working together and we try to help them with this position. The company is a global leader.
The products are offered through leading retail banners across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. As part of the Group's deeply-rooted culture and values, we are committed to taking care of our employees around the globe and helping them thrive and grow.
Within all our companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, our company shows diversity to be at the core of its success. The company is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
In addition to a retail market competitive salary, we offer a scope of additional benefits such as 8% pension contribution, family discount events, subsidised lunches, commuting expenses reimbursed, discount on various insurances and 25 days holiday a year. We also offer the option to continue working from home 2 days a week in the post covid era.